Many of us have the burning desire to achieve our physical goals. But unfortunately, there seems to be so many things that get in our way of obtaining our goals. We need to have decisive and clear actions each day. It is important to get things rolling and build up the momentum to keep us motivated even in a cold, spring morning. Here are things we should do:
- Perform daily affirmations: We need to perform daily affirmations so can keep our mind free from any negativity. We should have focused, goal-oriented and positive thoughts. We should be able to create mental program by using this technique. Affirmations should be phrased properly in a present tense and in the first person. So, instead of using “I will”, we should use “I am”. This will allow us to feel more impact on our statements. It will keep us motivated and soon, positive things become part of our thought process.
- Visualization: Visualization is essential to develop very clear picture on what we want to achieve through regular physical exercises. When combined with daily affirmations, visualization can become a powerful combination. This will fuel our physical achievement and many successful athletes utilize this technique really well in their career. Although an exercise can be seen as physically difficult or challenging, visualization could help us aware of things that we will get when we achieve it. In fact, it has been proven that proper visualization technique can instantly improve our physical performance! We should use this technique each day to remove self-doubts. Many sedentary people need some mental boost if they want to strive to reach important physical goals.
- Identify negative thoughts and eliminate them: Negativity, self-doubt and fear are things that can hamper our physical achievements. One great way is to be focused constantly on our goals and think about taking proper actions. We should be focused on actions and we will have much less time to ponder on negativity. If a negative thought seeps into our mind we should find direct positive things that neutralize it. We should convince that we could do things that we plan to do.
- Gather with like-minded people: People around us could have very dramatic impact on us. We should choose our friends wisely. People with similar goals and interests can motivate and encourage us. They will help us achieve higher achievement levels. We should be particularly selective to whom we associate with. It is important to discontinue any relationship that can represent negativity.
- Be prepared for occasional mistakes: After we set our clear and definite physical goals, it is necessary to know what we should do to achieve our goals. Never consider that we won’t make occasional mistakes and even slight failures. People who expect to do some mistakes and willing to do things to properly should be able to reduce their fear and self-doubt. This should fuel us forward to achieving our goals.