Nasal congestion if we talk in layman’s terms is nothing more than a blocked nose. The most common reason is any selling inside the nostrils. This swelling leads to the accumulation of the mucus and makes it difficult to breathe. This is the most common symptom of flu or any allergy.
People take nasal congestion very lightly, but it can be more than annoying. It is important to treat it as soon as possible or else you may suffer from insomnia and infections in the ear.
There are a lot of ways to clear the congestion. The best way to treat yourself is going to your kitchen because that is where you will find what is needed to soothe yourself.
Here are some of the causes of nasal congestion:
- Common Cold: Common cold involves a virus that gives the symptoms like sneezing, headache or a runny nose. The virus is commonly known as the influenza virus, and it may affect the respiratory system. This type of flu is not serious in most of the cases, but it may turn fatal if proper action is not taken at the right time. The Influenza virus hits the lungs and causes congestion that makes it difficult for the person to breathe. This problem mostly occurs in aged people for the newborn who does not have a proper immune system.
- Rhinitis: Rhinitis is the inflammation that arises inside the lining of the nasal tract. The most common reason for it is the dust allergy. Pollution, stress, infections and any climate change can result in Rhinitis. This allergy hits 1 in every ten people. Rhinitis occurs when a foreign is detected inside the immune system. The body then fights against the foreign material and releases a chemical known as Histamine. Hay fever is the most common disease caused by Rhinitis.
- Nasal Polyps: Do you feel like the cold that you have been suffering for a long time is not leaving you? The nasal congestion that never leaves your body, no matter how many medications you have had, or still taking. The reason may be Nasal Polyps. Most of the people may generate Polyps without any nasal problems, but there are triggers that may develop them. Some of the triggers are:
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hay fever
- Deviated Septum: The septum is a cartilage that separates the nostrils. Usually, the septum is at the centre dividing the nostrils evenly. But, this may not happen all the time. There are cases of the uneven septum that results in one nostril larger than the other one. This is not a severe case, but it requires medical attention. The [person suffering from deviated septum may suffer from nose bleeding, dryness in the nostrils and snoring. It is advisable that you see a doctor if you have frequent nosebleeds.
- Frontal sinusitis: Frontal sinusitis occurs when the mucus does not gets drained properly due to the inflammation in the sinus cavity.The most common reason for frontal sinusitis is the common cold. Antibiotics are the best treatment for [people suffering from this disease.
More Info Click Here : http://southfloridaallergy.com/