There has been an exponential rise in the number of engineering courses and institutes in the past few years. Name the field and there is an engineering college offering the course for it. Another reason behind this is the growing number of students seeking engineering courses to further their career prospects. Hence, the demand for engineering based courses has not lessened, but increased in the past few years. No matter which region of India you lives in, there is no shortage of engineering colleges offering multidisciplinary courses in engineering, and Karnataka is no different. This state is home to some of the country’s finest engineering colleges, and this post highlights all the essential details you need to know related to the top 10 engineering colleges in Karnataka.
Choosing the best engineering college in Karnataka
With many new disciplines in engineering being introduced, engineering aspirants have ample choices along with the core engineering courses. However, choosing the best engineering college for your favored discipline is not an easy task. Thus, many students these days refer to online youth forums to get access to the list of top 10 engineering colleges in Karnataka on the basis of infrastructure, college accreditation and affiliation, academic excellence, student preferences, and placement track records.
Getting into one of the reputed engineering institutes
In order to get admission in one of the coveted engineering colleges in Karnataka, engineering aspirants will have to appear for the entrance exams like KCET and COMEDK. In addition to it, several colleges also take students in who have cleared JEE Main.
Some important tips when preparing for the entrance exams
- Most of the entrance exams are based on the syllabus of 12th Thus, it is important to know all the basics well as the questions will be based only on them.
- Visit the official website and know the syllabus for the exam. All the information related to exam will be there. Use this information, draft a study plan, and stick to it. Also, do not waste time in studying topics which is out of the syllabus.
- Learn important formulas of physics, chemistry, and mathematics to answer them in the exam efficiently. This will help you immensely.
- Get a hold of at least three previous entrance exam question papers. Solve them to get a feel of how the papers will be laid out.
- Make pointers of important subjects so that revision becomes easier at a later date.
- Learn to set a time table to answer your papers. There will be different sections which will require equal attention. Divide your time accordingly.
- Do not stress out or lose sleep. An optimum state of mind is required to crack any entrance exam. Therefore, eat and sleep well.
Here are some of the top engineering colleges in Karnataka:
- National Institute of Technology in Suratkal. Admission to this ‘AAAA’ college is only through JEE Main and GATE.
- International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore.
- R V College of Engineering, Bangalore. This college forms its admission list on the basis of KCET, COMEDK, UGET, and GATE.
- P E S University, Bangalore. Students must clear the COMEDK, UGET, KCET, PESSAT, Karnataka PGCET, and GATE.
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal. This college has ‘AAAA’ rating and accepts students only on the basis MUOET.
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore. This college has ‘AAAA’ rating and accepts students through GATE, KCET, COMEDK, and UGET.
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore. Admission in this college is through the COMEDK, UGET, KCET, Karnataka PGCET, GATE, and NATA.
- The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore. This college requires COMEDK, UGET, KCET, PESSAT, Karnataka PGCET, and GATE.
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore. This ‘AAA+’ college accepts students on the results of KCET, UGET, and COMEDK.