Women are perceived as natural caregivers. They take care about their spouse, child, their in-laws and parents. They tend to forget about their needs and give preference to the family. Most women in London have confessed that when they become a mother, their child is on the top of their priority list and they are on the last. A mother always makes sure to take the child to his or her well visits to a doctor and even push their spouse for yearly visits. However, they keep ignoring their health until there is an emergency. If you can relate to all the things mentioned above, then keep in mind that this martyrdom can be quite costly for both you and your family in future.
It might seem impossible to get proper sleep every night but eating healthy is in your hands. Try to make some time for you and exercise for at least 10 minutes a day. There are many private gynaecology clinics in London that can guide you to various methods to stay healthy.
Read on to know more about various screening or tests that can help in ensuring good health in women.
- Blood pressure: It should be checked every year and monthly if you are suffering from high or low blood pressure. The normal reading will be 120 on the top and below will be 90. It is one of the first screenings that a doctor performs on the patient during any regular health check up.
- Cholesterol: Once a woman reaches the age of 40, she should keep a check on her cholesterol. If the range is high it can trigger heart disease.
- Diabetes: A person is at high risk of developing this disease if their BMI level is above 25. One should get tested once a year if you are above 40 years. You can visit any private gynaecologist clinic for this test.
- Dental checkup: It is important for every single person as the chances of getting cavities and decay is possible at any age. However, if you practice good oral regime like brushing and flossing the chances of dental issues might be little less than others who don’t.
- Vision: Once a person attains 40, the chances of formation of glaucoma or other eye issues increases. This can be prevented by going for a checkup once a year or more frequently if deemed necessary.
- Pap smears: This test is one of the important tests for women from 20 to 40 year old. It can help in detecting any cancerous growth developing in the cervix. It is recommended for women aged 20 to 29 to go for pap smear once in every 3 years and for women 30 years and above to go for HPV test as well in every 5 years. You can consult a private Gynaecologist at Medical Express Clinic for more information about this test.
When you are a mother it becomes hard to care for yourself. However, it is very important as you can take care of your kid if you are healthy.