A pallet even known as skid refers to a transport container that stores goods, allowing them to be lifted by front loader, pallet jack and forklift. This is the reason why they are considered to be the structural foundation of any industry enabling both storage and handling efficiencies. The products are often placed in the pallet and secured with stretch wrap or strapping, so as to make it suitable for shipping to desirable destinations.
Ever since its inception, they have remained to be an integral aspect of various industries in the form of wooden pallets and barrel. These types work well with the modern forms of packaging like intermodal containers and cardboard boxes. Though majority of pallets are made up of hardwood but intervention has led to the development of metal, plastic and recycled pallets too. In such a scenario, which one should you choose- the ever reliable hardwood pallets or plastic pallets?
How Do Hardwood Pallet Differ From Plastic Pallet?
One of the most obvious differences between these pallets is that, the core of one is based on hardwood and the other is crafted using plastic. This is something that makes hardwood to be better than plastic in terms of:
- Environmentally Friendly: To beat the increasing demand of pallets, manufacturers have started to use those parts of the tree that are not suitable for any other purpose like furniture or building. This is what makes these pallets environmentally friendly when compared to plastic. On the other hand, plastic which is a non-biodegradable material aids in toxifying and thus can have a dreadful impact.
- High Friction: Another amazing aspect of hardwood pallets is that they showcase remarkable friction in comparison to metal or plastic pallets. This is primarily due to the texture of wood that ensures the product are stored, lifted and shipped without any sort of complications.
- Affordability: Without a doubt, the wooden pallets are regarded to be much affordable over the plastic ones. As, there are no complex manufacturing processes involved in its making which would add to the expenditure of the pallet. But, in case of metal or plastic the entire structure has to be created by melting the substance and framing its foundation from scratch.
- Easier to Repair: Repairing pallets made of hardwood is much easier than that of plastic. Now, if a plastic pallet breaks the overall structure has to be mended by either repairing or remodeling the pallet. Such circumstances would never arise when you are working with an efficient wooden pallet.
Final Verdict- Hardwood Pallet Rules Every Sector
The final verdict depicts that when it comes to efficiency, quality and durability then nothing can match up to the power of hardwood pallets. But, when you are planning to purchase these pallets, do remember to discover a dealer who will be able to provide the right size, shape and type that you are looking for.
In order to do so, there are a few things that you can consider, some of these are:
- Make a note of the experience of the dealer and understand how many customers recommend them and why.
- Have a look over the range of pallet that they have in store along with the kind of hardwoods that are used in its making.
- Ask whether they come up with guarantee, warranty and maintenance services for the pallet or not.
With the use of these three simple factors, you will be able to bestow a perfect dealer for purchasing pallets made from hardwood.